Wednesday 15 April 2009

Obama sucks!

There I said it.

Has the world gone mad? I know 8 years of George Bush has left the world jaded but really what's changed?

The rot of the new president's integrity has already started to set in. Not least highlighted by the recent revelation that CIA agents were carrying out torture, sorry utilising special interrogation techniques,
on behalf of the United States Government. Obama has made a promise to his friends in high places that he will not prosecute the guilty parties. He has instead said that he will make such special interrogation techniques illegal. Well that's good news, oh wait wasn't torture already illegal under International law?

Don't get me wrong I wanted Obama to win. I was one of the people taken in by the tryst with history. However, I was under no illusion that the man of change was nothing more than another career politician.

It happens in all democratic political systems when we get bored of one team we vote the other one in, and it goes on and on like this. Where is the change in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment